Local access to Specialist Services
TPC has held the contract to run a district-wide Community Dermatology service since July 2015 right across the Bradford and Airedale district, managing a community-based service providing routine diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of dermatological conditions. We are now pleased to announce that on 20/3/17 we were awarded the contract to also run our service across Leeds.
Services include assessment, investigation, treatment and follow-up of patients suffering with skin disease, with fast triage and a full diagnostic service plus recommendation for onward referral and treatment where appropriate.
TPC’s Dermatology service is:-
- Fully integrated with other local community and hospital-based services
- Fully supported by local consultants
- Seeing referrals from across Bradford, AWC, North Kirklees and Leeds
Current waiting times are down to less than two weeks.
This contract showcases the effectiveness of our Hub model, with one practice handling all referrals and administration and four practices running the clinics delivering the service.
Ask at your local practice for more information on TPC’s Dermatology service or click below:
With selected member practices now running minor surgery clinics, TPC has replicated the successful Dermatology service model after being successful in its Minor Surgery AQP (Any Qualified Provider) bid.
The federation is already discussing how best to deliver an increased service on behalf of our patients, so more clinics will be added when the need and location are identified.
TPC work closely with PSS who have held the contract to provide warfarin monitoring services since October 2014.
- The service is based in local member practices, meaning that patients no longer have to make regular trips to the hospital for INR tests
- Access to the service is vastly improved, parking is easier and usually free
Ask at your local practice for more information on TPC’s Phlebotomy service.